Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Tiger

the morning of october 3 tim and i left for work and gave our kittens one last pat as we headed out. bubba was in the basement because he was on a special diet from his sickness. tigger and fred we left outside, as was our custom. when we got home after work fred came running to us, crying. it wasn't a normal, "i'm glad to see you" meow, it was an "i'm afraid and alone" sort of call, so i knew something wasn't right. i called for tigger and tried to look back under the house where they usually hide, but he was nowhere to be found. we rode around on the four wheeler to see if he had been run over, but there was no evidence. he was just gone, and remains gone.

i miss him. he was the cutest of the three, though i didn't know him as well as the rest. he didn't like to cuddle very often--he preferred tackling and wrestling--but he purred as much as anyone when we would pet him. i miss his little potbelly, and his fastidiousness in the litter box. he was one of our babies, and we are sad to lose him. we don't even have a picture.

the landlord said that sometimes owls will carry off a kitten. i don't like owls.

goodbye, my baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

I'm sorry for your kitty.

7:04 PM  
Blogger CëRïSë said...

Hi Amy. Good thing I JUST NOW, finally, realized that your blog isn't at Bebo anymore. Ooops. I'm glad you've joined the blogger circle of lovin'--and I've changed the link on my blog accordingly!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Schlomo said...

Kitties. I love kitties.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello this is somebody from penn

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home